New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Monday, April 22, 2013

Late Day Drive North

Late Day Drive North
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013

This was a fun experiment with colour and a bit of an abstraction experiment as well. I love the layers and transitions this sky goes through. For a while now I had been looking at the reference photo of this scene- I took the picture from the passenger seat driving to the lake last summer. I wondered how I would tackle it- especially since there were very obvious telephone posts in the photo and I was not interested in them as part of the subject. Finally I just decided to try it, not knowing how things would develop. As you can see I ended up eliminating the posts altogether; I took some artistic license as they say!

Flock and Gather was a great experience! What a terrific event the collective puts on. They really care about the details that make it a step above other markets. Whoever warned me that people would be lined up waiting for the doors to open was right- both Friday evening and Saturday morning this was the case.


 



I was really happy with how my new display boards worked out. They were quite pretty all set up. I would even make something like this to display my collection of little paintings on my wall at home. Best of all I met people who were familiar with my blog or Facebook page, so now I am able to put faces to names! It was a great opportunity to chat and laugh with friends- old and new.

Thank you to the Flock and Gather collective!



2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful painting and congratulations. I'm so glad that the event was good for you.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you dear Barbara!