New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Buffalo Beans

Buffalo Beans
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold


I did a painting last year of the Saskatoon Natural Grasslands in the spring and at the time I wasn't sure what the pretty yellow flowers were in my reference photos. I was schooled by fellow prairie people that they were in fact, Buffalo Beans*, and so that is the title for this new painting with the same little yellow flowers in the lower left corner.

*(it makes me think of an old fashioned pseudo swear like "Oh, fiddlesticks!"... "Oh, Buffalo Beans!")

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful painting Nicki. You're reminding me of my grandmother whose worst oath was Land! So quaint in the land of frequent swearing.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara... I personally also like "Awww, nuts!!!". Hope you are feeling better.

Hugs,
Nicki