Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Buffalo Beans

Buffalo Beans
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold


I did a painting last year of the Saskatoon Natural Grasslands in the spring and at the time I wasn't sure what the pretty yellow flowers were in my reference photos. I was schooled by fellow prairie people that they were in fact, Buffalo Beans*, and so that is the title for this new painting with the same little yellow flowers in the lower left corner.

*(it makes me think of an old fashioned pseudo swear like "Oh, fiddlesticks!"... "Oh, Buffalo Beans!")

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful painting Nicki. You're reminding me of my grandmother whose worst oath was Land! So quaint in the land of frequent swearing.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara... I personally also like "Awww, nuts!!!". Hope you are feeling better.

Hugs,
Nicki