New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Prairie Love

#29 - Prairie Love
(30 paintings in 30 days project)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011  

sold

I had to go back to the grasslands... I felt like there was some unfinished business. In my art I have always been attracted to the Boreal forest and the wonder of the trees, mosses and fungus in that landscape (and still am), but I was born and raised on the prairies and it is deeply rooted in my blood. It has been so fun to discover a new palette and new subjects through these small paintings. I can hardly wait to try them at a larger scale.
I see an area I need to fix before Sunday's show... the dark solid patch in the middle on the left hand side might need to be broken up a bit.

Thanks to all who have "liked" me on Facebook! I am very excited to have your support!

3 comments:

-Don said...

Wow! It's hard to believe you only have one to go. You have ROCKED this 30 day project. It's been fun and inspiring to watch. I love how confident your strokes are in Prairie Love. Excellent!

-Don

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Nicki said...

Hi Don, thanks! I just posted the last painting a minute ago. It feels strange that it is over. It was a great experience and challenge. I'll write about it soon. Thanks for all of your encouragement.

Nicki