Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Big Commish

© Nicki Ault, 2017

I am working on a big commission... it is on my mind 24-7: when I am at the studio, when I am home, grocery shopping, driving my kids places and when I am at my part-time job. It is almost finished and then I will have to reveal it with bated breath to the lovely people who have asked me to create this skyscape for them. It has taken a few twists and turns- especially today when I made a few large, eleventh hour adjustments to the overall feel of the thing. Two steps forward, one step back, but at least moving in the right direction... and getting really close to the final brushstroke.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Good for you Nicki,

It's wonderful to be consumed by a painting. Such a treat. This looks amazing from this angle, and
I know it is, and that the collectors will be delighted.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara, yes- this painting has me involved! This corner has changed soooo much- I am not sure anything is the same! I hope to be finished the painting this weekend and then we will see what they think.

XO Nicki