New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

It's Underway

commission underway!
© Nicki Ault, 2017

It was a great day at the studio today... I mapped out the basic feel of my commission and I am loving it in this initial, simple state. I don't usually post works in progress, but this one has got me thinking- the soft, neutral colours may inform another commission that is in the queue. This will change over the next several sessions and I won't show it now until it is done. I hope I can hold on to my idea for it- if I do, I think it will be my favourite big sky to date. Big drama coming up!

photo © Nicki Ault, 2017

P.S. I felt eyes on me all day... Bridget's cow was overseeing my progress.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

In a rush (always) and put my comment for today on another painting. Yikes.
This looks amazing already. And you must be excited.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara, yes, I feel good about this start! Thanks, I will look at the other post. XO
N.