Tuesday, January 10, 2017

It's Underway

commission underway!
© Nicki Ault, 2017

It was a great day at the studio today... I mapped out the basic feel of my commission and I am loving it in this initial, simple state. I don't usually post works in progress, but this one has got me thinking- the soft, neutral colours may inform another commission that is in the queue. This will change over the next several sessions and I won't show it now until it is done. I hope I can hold on to my idea for it- if I do, I think it will be my favourite big sky to date. Big drama coming up!

photo © Nicki Ault, 2017

P.S. I felt eyes on me all day... Bridget's cow was overseeing my progress.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

In a rush (always) and put my comment for today on another painting. Yikes.
This looks amazing already. And you must be excited.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara, yes, I feel good about this start! Thanks, I will look at the other post. XO
N.