Sunday, January 15, 2017

Riffle On The River

Riffle On The River
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

It's a busy weekend... two kids, one with a soccer tournament and one with a basketball practice and game, plus a husband playing hockey. Yesterday, between everyone else's coming and going, I managed to squeak in a brief jaunt to the studio. I couldn't work on the big commish because it needed to dry from the six hour run I had at it on Friday, so I did this little painting. I am extra loving the marks making up the grasses on the left-hand side.

I heart the Waskesiu River. You would think I would get tired of painting it, but no.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

LOVE this Nicki,
Why would you get tired of painting this beauty?

So gorgeous.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

The river looks different every time I visit it. It keeps me interested. Glad you like this!

XO Nicki