Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Northern Reflection

Northern Reflection
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

Well that was fun! After five hours on the commission, I had to stop so it could dry, but I still wanted to paint. I messed around with a random sky and then I got looking through some of my photos. One from the canoe trip in 2013 jumped out at me. The water was really calm that day and the colours of the forest popped against the dull gray sky. To top it off there was a little dead pine that appeared rusted out, the burnt red colour was perfect on the green backdrop. I had to go back in the evening to paint it! I love how abstract the lower portion of the reflection looks.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this. You are awesome. Gorgeous reflection -- something I love.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

I love reflections too. I might play with this idea on a larger scale.

Thanks for your kind words.

XO Nicki