New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Prairie Oasis

Prairie Oasis
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
 sold

I have painted this scene three times now, all different sizes, all a bit different from the other. I love the Saskatchewan fields in the spring or after a rain when they are saturated; dark,wet earth holding pools of water that reflect the sky. We are not even close to that situation right now, but when the big melt comes I think my camera and I will be out getting a boat-load of reference photos to work from... and then I won't have to keep painting this one!

6 comments:

suzanneberry said...

lovely, peaceful and serene!

newmexicomtngirl.com said...

I love this, and can't think of the other two at all. Each one of your pieces is gorgeous in their own right.
peace,
CheyAnne

Nicki said...

Thank you Suzanne! I kind of think it is, too.

Nicki said...

Hi CheyAnne,

The first one I did was a few years ago or so and it was 8x8" on board. The other one I did was 30x30" on canvas. They are the same subject matter but still different from each other.

I'm glad you enjoy my work- that makes me happy.

Nicki


Sarah S said...

great painting!

Nicki said...

Thank you Sarah!