Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Reflective

Reflective
6 x 6"
oil on board

I am having so much fun with my 6x6" size again. This painting was beyond enjoyable to make! The whole time I was painting it just felt right. I did this on Monday and I did a completely different 6x6 today. Initially when I painted the distant trees on the horizon I used a magenta/alizarin crimson/burnt umber mix. I intended to paint over with some sort of green/blue in the final stage, but I liked how it looked, so I left it. And I like that reflective reflection!

I hope it makes you smile. Art can do that.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

This is a beauty. It has made me smile. Love the clouds. They are beyond wonderful. All of your joy in painting this scene comes through.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

I love to make you smile. Yay! I'm glad some of my joy for painting "reads" in this piece- I loved painting it.

XO Nicki