New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Father and Son

Father and Son
pencil on paper
© Nicki Ault, 2001

Last week I went to see the new atelier (art school) that is opening in town and ever since then I have been very excited about getting back to drawing. I am so looking forward to fine tuning my skills and learning more about training my eye to really see. I think some of my friends will recognize the father in this photo; I've known him since elementary school and I was pleased and honoured when his wife asked me to draw him with their first born. The likeness is pretty good, but I am sure once I learn more I'll want to try it again.

I have recently been spurred on by my drawing buddy to meet for coffee and then attend the drop-in drawing session with him this Saturday. I'll be rusty yet again, but hopefully I'll come out with something to show you. Stay tuned for a new installment of Feelin' Sketchy Saturday! All of my drawings up until now are going to act as the "befores" to all of the drawings I do "after" my atelier training is complete!

No comments: