New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Late Day Marsh

Late Day Marsh
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold


Well this was just plain fun! I completely enjoyed playing with and mixing the paint to get the light effect I wanted. I also really tried to stay loose and not get bogged down in the details of the clouds- I kept reminding myself to simplify, simplify, simplify.

So I just have to say it- I have had it with winter! It snowed again today and honestly, enough already! I generally consider myself to be a glass-is-half-full kind of gal, but this winter is really testing me. The snowbank in front of my house is taller than my boys and check out this "ice flow" I noticed down the side of the studio building today...


What???!!!

 

Note:  I have decided to begin to include the PayPal "buy" link when I post my 6x6" paintings. This size makes up the majority of the paintings in my Daily Paintworks Gallery; the link will take you there to see the purchase/shipping info. Clicking on this link does not mean you are committing to the purchase of the painting- it just takes you to the spot where more information is available.

2 comments:

Anne Higgins said...

I've just come across your blog, and like your art very much. I love that "Late Day March."
I will continue to visit it.

Best wishes from Anne

Nicki said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Anne. I’m so happy to have new visitors and I hope you continue to enjoy my work.

Kind regards,

Nicki