New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

In Shadows and Sunsets

In Shadows and Sunsets
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013 
sold

I love the effect of a sunset behind trees. I love the silhouette and structure created by the branches in shadow. I love the colourful light filtering through it all, making a magical scene. I love that there is no snow in this painting!

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

i love this nicki! the palette is wonderful, with the cool blue and warm golds and oranges.

thank you so much for your comments on chloe and the studio. it's a nice space, especially when i feel tim there.

take care

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,
Gorgeous very Tom T. And very his daughter-in-art -- Nicki.
Lovely.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Suzanne, I'm sure it is a huge comfort when you feel Tim's presence. How fortunate that you do.

I am glad you like this painting- I hope it added a smile to your day.

Nicki

Nicki said...

Barbara- you give such lovely comments. I do feel his inspiration a lot when I am painting- especially trees and forests.

XO Nicki