New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Smoke Haze Over Waskesiu

Smoke Haze Over Waskesiu
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013

In case I have been vague in my expression of my love for painting, let me just set the record straight. I really love painting. A lot. Mucho. In some ways it is like a life-line to my real self, so it makes me wonder: how did I connect with myself in the days before I was painting? It's a bit of a mystery and maybe the answer is, I didn't. Or maybe the answer is that before becoming a wife and a mother I knew who I was and didn't need art the way I need it now. Either way, thank goodness! I paint, therefore I am.

Earlier this week I made an announcement on my Facebook page that I am now listed on the Saskatchewan Network for Art Collecting. Here is the link for you to check out... Nicki Ault.

2 comments:

mysweetprairie @gmail.com said...

Awesome. You are awesome. You have so much spunk. I try to think back too - what did I love? I actually journalled and redecorated my house A LOT. Now it's a disaster b/c art has taken over. lol

Congrats on the SK NAC membership!! ; )

~Monika

Nicki said...

Thanks Monika :)

Yup art has taken over in more ways than one! I have paint on my lampshades, couches, floors, counter-tops and most articles of daily clothing.

Have you sent you info to SK-NAC? If not you should - let me know if you need the contact, application stuff.

N.