Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Great Start to 2020!

High River
24 x 36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2020
available at Webster Galleries

 Fading Light
36x48"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2020
available at Webster Galleries

Well hello! Many apologies for my absence. 

I have been painting LOTS and as a result January was a blur. I was on a mission to get several large paintings done for Webster Galleries in Calgary and then deliver them in person in early February. Mission accomplished! On top of that Assiniboia Gallery had a rush on 10x10's so I painted more to replenish their inventory. Same thing happened with Darrell Bell Gallery and the 8x8's.

Here is a list of the work I pulled off in January to give you an idea of why that month was a blur:


As soon as I returned from the road-trip to Calgary, I got down to business and got a couple of pieces ready for a new show at Darrell Bell Gallery which is on now!


The painting in the lower left corner is mine, the grid of 8x8's is full and gorgeous, plus you will see this brand new piece:

Clear Northern Light
24x36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2020
available at Darrell Bell Gallery

The opening has come and gone, but the show will be up for a few weeks, so please check it out. The invitation mentions big changes, so here is what's happening: the street level gallery has now merged with the fourth floor gallery and all art and operations are officially in one place! As a result, if you need any 8x8's in the future, be sure to go up the elevators to the gallery in the Canada Building.

On top of all of that, SaskGalleries just launched a new promotional video and, much to my surprise and excitement, one of my paintings was featured! It's a fun, high energy video showing original art incorporated into everyday life. View it here and be sure to have your sound on. Watch for my painting "The Golden Hour and the Old Boat Dock" being hung at the end of the video.

Finally, when you have a minute, pop over to my website, www.nickiault.com , which has recently been updated with all of the newest work and available inventory. I'd love it if you would sign up for my emails/newsletter, too. I still haven't sent any yet, but I will at some point!

Thanks for catching up with me!


No comments: