New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Veil - The Bessborough

Veil - The Bessborough
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery

So far in my time as a painter I have had very little interest in subjects that include man-made objects. I am more interested in nature and wild spaces, but who knows, that may change. I certainly appreciate other artists that paint everyday scenes of life in the city... specifically Edward B. Gordon.

Earlier this year, after I took my kids to school in the morning, I was compelled to travel around the riverbank and take photos of the foggy morning. It was so pretty! There was this soft, low veil over the city. I realized that I was quite intrigued by this diffused light caused by the fog and suddenly the strong lines of buildings, bridges and other man-made things seemed more appealing. This painting is of the riverbank and the Delta Bessborough Hotel in downtown Saskatoon.

No comments: