Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Floating Away and Another Tree Down

Floating Away
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold


Another Tree Down
8 x 8"
acrylic and oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

Things are really busy right now, well, actually it's been like that all year. I am doing final preparations for the group show, Abstractions & Beyond, which starts on Friday... including trying to drum up a bit of media coverage for the Kenderdine Campus which is where the group met this past summer, and I am madly painting for Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery. They ended up using all nine of the paintings I initially took to the store; they used all of them to make a 3 x 3 grid on a feature wall. Luckily I had already painted four extras after that initial batch because in the four days they have been open they have already sold four! Obviously this is awesome, but I have no back-ups. They need more to replenish the grid if/when others sell. Yikes! I have been up until 1:00 the last three nights painting and now have four more to deliver. I thought I was way ahead, but I feel very behind! I may have to pull out the acrylics because even with walnut alkyd the oils aren't drying fast enough.

No comments: