New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Saturday, December 1, 2012

There is Light Beyond The Darkness

There is Light Beyond The Darkness
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
©Nicki Ault, 2012
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

I just got home from the beautiful new store that opened today... Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery in the Canada Building (21st Street E.) in Saskatoon. I have been so excited to see it that I decided to fight the traffic and take them a box of delicious Harden & Huyse chocolates to say congratulations on their opening. It is a stunning space. Gorgeous, really, and I am so proud to have my 8 x 8" paintings on their wall. My paintings had a great location- a little wall to themselves and they looked awesome displayed in a three by three grid. And guess what? "Wild and Free" sold while I was there! I'm delivering four more paintings to them tomorrow, so they can refill the grid and have extra on hand.

As an aside, back in university I actually worked at Harden & Huyse! I packed chocolates and handled orders that came in for their wholesale business. I also worked the front store area and sold chocolate. We were allowed to eat as much of the damaged chocolates as we wanted and I remember one slow Saturday when a friend dropped by - he started laughing as soon as he saw me... it turned out I had chocolate truffle dust all over my lips! A bit embarrassing. That was my job while I worked on my university degree. It was a good gig! It was and still is a family-run business and they make the best Belgian chocolates ever! The factory is in Saskatoon, but most of the family now lives out east. I became good friends with one of the sons who is still involved in the business and it turns out he and Darrell Bell are good friends! It is a small world after-all.

4 comments:

Judy Adamson said...

That is really beautiful, Nicki :)

Nicki said...

Thank you Judy!

Pierre Raby said...

What a wonderful painting Nicki!
Movements and contrasts at their best, this scene and your painting are simply breathtaking.

Nicki said...

Oh Pierre, you really know how to make a girls day! Thank you!