Saturday, December 1, 2012

There is Light Beyond The Darkness

There is Light Beyond The Darkness
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
©Nicki Ault, 2012
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

I just got home from the beautiful new store that opened today... Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery in the Canada Building (21st Street E.) in Saskatoon. I have been so excited to see it that I decided to fight the traffic and take them a box of delicious Harden & Huyse chocolates to say congratulations on their opening. It is a stunning space. Gorgeous, really, and I am so proud to have my 8 x 8" paintings on their wall. My paintings had a great location- a little wall to themselves and they looked awesome displayed in a three by three grid. And guess what? "Wild and Free" sold while I was there! I'm delivering four more paintings to them tomorrow, so they can refill the grid and have extra on hand.

As an aside, back in university I actually worked at Harden & Huyse! I packed chocolates and handled orders that came in for their wholesale business. I also worked the front store area and sold chocolate. We were allowed to eat as much of the damaged chocolates as we wanted and I remember one slow Saturday when a friend dropped by - he started laughing as soon as he saw me... it turned out I had chocolate truffle dust all over my lips! A bit embarrassing. That was my job while I worked on my university degree. It was a good gig! It was and still is a family-run business and they make the best Belgian chocolates ever! The factory is in Saskatoon, but most of the family now lives out east. I became good friends with one of the sons who is still involved in the business and it turns out he and Darrell Bell are good friends! It is a small world after-all.

4 comments:

Judy Adamson said...

That is really beautiful, Nicki :)

Nicki said...

Thank you Judy!

Pierre Raby said...

What a wonderful painting Nicki!
Movements and contrasts at their best, this scene and your painting are simply breathtaking.

Nicki said...

Oh Pierre, you really know how to make a girls day! Thank you!