Sunday, December 9, 2012

Meewasin Meets the South Saskatchewan

Meewasin Meets the South Saskatchewan
 8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

This is my first Meewasin painting that actually incorporates the river. I think the colour is off in this photo, but you get the idea. It's already been delivered to Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery so I can't re-take the picture.

Whew!!! As of about 4:30 today when the group show "Abstracts & Beyond" was dismantled, all of my obligations for 2012 are complete. This past year included: 3 art show and sales, 3 solo shows, 3 auctions, 2 studio open houses, 2 juried shows, 2 large group shows and the show I did with my Dad. I am tired... but oh so happy! Now it is time for me to set up my new studio space (which is currently a disaster) and play! That is my main goal for 2013...  to play and experiment. I also want to make mistakes (with the hopes of learning something valuable), take a class or two, get back to drawing, plan some plein air painting excursions, try new things and, here is a big one,... avoid worrying about outcomes (unless I'm working on something for Lifestyles).

Thanks for sticking with me through a busy and productive year. My posts for the next few weeks may be brief as I get ready for the holidays and spend time with my family and friends. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful colours Nicki! your paintings are becoming more adventurous and exciting each time i visit! wonderful to see this :)

Nicki said...

Thank you Rahina! What a wonderful comment. One of my goals this past year was to experiment with colour and learn more about mixing. There is still a lot to know, but I do feel I have a slightly better understanding.

Happy holidays to you!