New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Trails and Beds- Deer Were Here

Trails and Beds: Deer Were Here
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
available exclusively at Lifestyles by Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

I'm not sure I will ever get tired of the Saskatoon Natural Grasslands. I just realized I have no wintery shots of the place, so there is an entire untapped season to paint. I think I need to grab a coffee and head out for a photo shoot on the next mild December day, but this does raise a question: Do you find winter paintings appealing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I find winter scenes very appealing. After all, we are surrounded by it's beauty for 6 months of the year. I love seeing the "skeletons" of the trees. Is that weird?
- Shelley Gregg

Nicki said...

Hi Shelley, Thanks for weighing in. I'm glad to hear that you like winter paintings- I do too. As you say, where we live it is such a huge part of our lives... we must embrace the snow! :)

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

I certainly do. I find that I tend to create with the seasons... autumn pieces in autumn, spring in spring... etc. I love the colors in this one Nicki! HAppy holidays and all the best to you in 2013 : )

~Monika

Nicki said...

Hi Monika,

Yes, I would have guessed that a winter painting would appeal to you! I think we are prairie soul sisters- sisters for all seasons! I'm glad you like it. The photo is not that accurate- it is actually a bit more vibrant in reality.

Happy holidays and I hope you have an even more successful 2013! (2012 will be hard to beat though!)

N.