New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Transitions

#23 - Transitions
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
(30 paintings in 30 days - Project II)
sold

For an all-too-brief chunk of time painting this little picture helped distract me from how miserable I was feeling. Thankfully as the day winds down I am cautiously optimistic that I am on the upswing.

I am finding it difficult to stay away from big prairie skies on this project. I was attracted to the transitional layers of this particular sky. Once in awhile I feel like I can see green in the sky where the yellow glow of the setting sun meets the cooler blue of the sky. It doesn't happen with every sunset; I assume it must be when conditions are just right in the atmosphere. Right at that transitional spot I think I see the yellow and blue mixing to give a hint of pale green. Or am I imagining it? This was one of those skies.

5 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

Well the painting put me on an upswing. I hope you are feeling much better. Love your work.

XO Barbara

Kim Rempel said...

Well, I don't think you should stay away from those big prairie skies! Really, they just get more beautiful! I love all the subtle colour you're finding. I think the skies are your muse right now and you don't want to ignore her! ; )

Nicki said...

Barbara, what a nice thing to say! Upswings are good! I feel a bit better today, but still quite achy. Thank goodness for Advil!

Miss you!
Nicki

Nicki said...

Thanks for the encouragement Kim! I appreciate it!

Miss you too!
Nicki

suzanneberry said...

beautifully done nicki! i'm sorry you're feeling miserable. feel better!