New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Abundance

#24- Abundance
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
(30 paintings in 30 days - Project II)
sold

Again, working on a little painting took my mind off my exhaustion- I think I am really run down. Lately I feel more tired when I wake up than when I go to bed, but I hate to complain because things could be a lot worse and I know this will pass. Painting, more precisely creating, can be such therapy. As I worked today, my mind drifted and relaxed, troubles fell away for that bit of time. As I painted this prairie scene, I found myself feeling thankful for this protected land which is found right within our city limits. It provides safety, food and a resting place for animals that wander in along the river. It is abundant in so many ways and is a place of education for our children. And the natural progression was to think about the abundance in my life- not the abundance of material things, but the things that really count like family and friends (and art!). I am lucky. So the plan is to pick myself up by the boot straps, take a load of Vitamin D and start pumping the Cold FX to get the immune system back on track. And if that doesn't work I can always summon a calming manatee to help me feel better!

No comments: