Thursday, May 17, 2012

Abundance

#24- Abundance
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
(30 paintings in 30 days - Project II)
sold

Again, working on a little painting took my mind off my exhaustion- I think I am really run down. Lately I feel more tired when I wake up than when I go to bed, but I hate to complain because things could be a lot worse and I know this will pass. Painting, more precisely creating, can be such therapy. As I worked today, my mind drifted and relaxed, troubles fell away for that bit of time. As I painted this prairie scene, I found myself feeling thankful for this protected land which is found right within our city limits. It provides safety, food and a resting place for animals that wander in along the river. It is abundant in so many ways and is a place of education for our children. And the natural progression was to think about the abundance in my life- not the abundance of material things, but the things that really count like family and friends (and art!). I am lucky. So the plan is to pick myself up by the boot straps, take a load of Vitamin D and start pumping the Cold FX to get the immune system back on track. And if that doesn't work I can always summon a calming manatee to help me feel better!

No comments: