Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Northern Curtain Call

#30- Northern Curtain Call
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
(30 paintings in 30 days - Project II)
sold
The last day of the project has arrived. As I sit here feeling quite proud of myself for doing 30 paintings in 30 days, I have to pause. Yes, some days it was a challenge not only to paint a little painting every day, but also take photos and blog about it, but compared to what some are doing it is peanuts! I say that because one of my favorite artists, Edward B. Gordon, is closing in on his 2000 daily painting. Today he posted #1988. Totally. Amazing. And I would say he pretty much nails it every time. I, on the other hand, have pumped out some duds between this project and the last one. :)

I took the reference photo for this painting last summer at Waskesiu Lake. It was probably about 9:00 at night and the half moon was glowing despite the fact that the sky was still quite bright. I took a little artistic license with the photo and I think the composition ended up working pretty well (I was worried it would have been better in a rectangular format).

At any rate, thank you so much for joining me over the last month to see what inspired me each day. I will be taking these paintings and a few others to an art show and sale on Sunday, May 27. Here is the poster for that event. I'd love to see you if you can come!





2 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

2000?? holy cow.

NICKI - I don't think we see you pumping out duds!? tsk tsk

: )
see you Sunday!! : )
I've asked for Judy Wood's spot since she won't be there.
~Monika

Nicki said...

Yup- 2000! Craziness!

Thanks, but there were some that just weren't up to snuff... or at least I could see areas to improve. And that is just what I did today! I worked on four of the daily paintings and I feel much better about them. I will take new pics and post the revamped images tomorrow.

See you Sunday! Yippee!

N.