New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Northern Curtain Call

#30- Northern Curtain Call
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
(30 paintings in 30 days - Project II)
sold
The last day of the project has arrived. As I sit here feeling quite proud of myself for doing 30 paintings in 30 days, I have to pause. Yes, some days it was a challenge not only to paint a little painting every day, but also take photos and blog about it, but compared to what some are doing it is peanuts! I say that because one of my favorite artists, Edward B. Gordon, is closing in on his 2000 daily painting. Today he posted #1988. Totally. Amazing. And I would say he pretty much nails it every time. I, on the other hand, have pumped out some duds between this project and the last one. :)

I took the reference photo for this painting last summer at Waskesiu Lake. It was probably about 9:00 at night and the half moon was glowing despite the fact that the sky was still quite bright. I took a little artistic license with the photo and I think the composition ended up working pretty well (I was worried it would have been better in a rectangular format).

At any rate, thank you so much for joining me over the last month to see what inspired me each day. I will be taking these paintings and a few others to an art show and sale on Sunday, May 27. Here is the poster for that event. I'd love to see you if you can come!





2 comments:

Monika Kinner-Whalen / My Sweet Prairie said...

2000?? holy cow.

NICKI - I don't think we see you pumping out duds!? tsk tsk

: )
see you Sunday!! : )
I've asked for Judy Wood's spot since she won't be there.
~Monika

Nicki said...

Yup- 2000! Craziness!

Thanks, but there were some that just weren't up to snuff... or at least I could see areas to improve. And that is just what I did today! I worked on four of the daily paintings and I feel much better about them. I will take new pics and post the revamped images tomorrow.

See you Sunday! Yippee!

N.