New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Unmade Beds And Buttercups

#28- Unmade Beds And Buttercups
6 x 6"
 oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
(30 paintings in 30 days- Project II)
sold

I've mentioned before that packed-down grassy areas at the Grasslands usually means that a group (pack? tribe? school? cluster?) of deers were resting there at some point. These areas are called Deer Beds. I came upon one such area last week, but I still don't know what the yellow flowers are. I've decided, for the sake of this title, that they are Buttercups!

4 comments:

-Don said...

This is really nice, Nicki! The blue-purple vertical strokes, the smoother green strokes and the diagonal yellow strokes all work so nicely together to guide my eyes through the composition... I like this one a lot.

-Don

Monika Kinner-Whalen / My Sweet Prairie said...

Buffalo Beans! I took photos of a cow pasture and they were everywhere on Sunday : )

Google to find photos of that and see if it's the same as what you saw.

: )
Monika

Nicki said...

Thanks Don... I made some last minute changes to this one after taking a picture and I think the composition works better than it did before (you will have to take my word for it!)

Nicki

Nicki said...

Hi Monika... I do believe you could be right! What a funny name which I did Google and found a photo that was a bit small, but the plant looked very similar. The other images I found were just of the bean itself, which I don't recall seeing.

N.