Sunday, May 13, 2012

Goodnight Sun

#20 - Goodnight Sun (revised)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
(30 paintings in 30 days - Project II)
sold

I have been lovin' the cloud paintings from the last several days and I could actually keep painting more and more of them, however for interest's sake I felt I should switch it up a bit. A little while ago I made a painting called Last Rays and I really liked the effect of the light so I wanted to try it again. I love that golden light at the end of a warm September day- it has a glorious effect on what is usually a cool, dark, shadowy forest. In this case, looking through the forest out into the setting sun, you see the glow of the warm light bending around the trees and branches. And now I am two thirds of the way through the Project!

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom who has 
a beautiful, warm, glowing light of her own!



2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this and Happy Belated Mother's Day to you. I know you're a wonderful mother, and your Mom must be super too to raise a loving, talented daughter like you.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you so much, Barbara. My Mom is wonderful. And you are an amazing Mom too- your boys hit the jackpot!

:) N.
XO