New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Feelin' Sketchy Saturday

30 minute pencil sketch

Things went well at the drop-in drawing session today. I felt like I was seeing things better than the last few weeks. I sat in a new spot with the windows at my back and maybe that made a difference.

We've had this model before and she has awesome hair!

 10 minute pencil sketch

20 minute pencil sketch

I even stayed longer than usual,

10 minute charcoal sketch

but still didn't have time to get her legs in on this one.





3 comments:

cohen labelle said...

Hi Nicki
These are wonderful drawings!! You've obviously been drawing a lot and loving it!
xo, Marcia

Nicki said...

Thank you Marcia! I admire your drawings immensely so your comment means a lot to me. I have been enjoying my time spent drawing... it's a nice change from the paintbrush.

Hugs,
Nicki

Nora MacPhail said...

Terrific sketches! I'm big on life drawing too. It's such a great way to learn how to draw.
Happy Painting,
Nora