New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feelin' Sketchy Saturday

15 minute sketch

The model at the drop-in drawing session today was excellent... she did these crazy, really hard (as in physically difficult) 2 minute gesture poses and none of mine worked out! I think I was too preoccupied with her falling over and hurting herself. Once a mother always a mother! When we got to the slightly longer poses I decided to try to avoid drawing lines and just start shading in the forms. I enjoyed going about things this way, so I tried it again with the next pose...

 15 minute sketch

After that I decided to work on finding the right proportions...

20 minute sketch

If you look closely you can see I divided the page roughly into equal eighths to try to stick with the "an adult is 7-8 heads tall" rule... but I still couldn't keep it all on the page! I need a bigger sketch book; I forgot I used the final page last Saturday. Next week I will be at the art supply store getting a big sketch book and a big newsprint pad.

It's a gorgeous, melting day here in 'Toon Town! Enjoy your Saturday wherever you are!


No comments: