Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Into The Blue

#4 - Into The Blue
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2018
(12 paintings in 12 days - Project III)
sold

I love this one. The deep blue sky is my new favourite and the tiny line of distant canola actually went a long way in activating the field and making it more engaging.

So my last three blog posts revealed: 
1) I am doing a Daily Painting Project
2) I will be doing an Artist Talk at Art Now (Prairieland Park, Sept 21 at 2:00)
3) My talk will take place in the Assiniboia Gallery booth and I will have my daily paintings for sale and on display that afternoon

Here is a question though: Why twelve paintings in twelve days? Seems a bit random, you might think.

There is a method to my madness. Basically I have a four different display boards: one holds thirty 6x6's, one holds twelve, one holds six and one holds four. Because of our family holidays at the end of August I didn't have time to do a thirty day project and, let's be honest, a four or six day daily painting project would have been ultra lame. I plan to bring the paintings with me for the talk, so a twelve painting project seemed worthwhile and would also have a bit of visual impact. I had time to start the project after returning from holidays and even had time to factor in recovery from my unexpected brutal sinus cold AND give the paintings drying time before transporting them.

It has all worked out and I am loving the process of painting these little gems every day.

No comments: