Tuesday, May 29, 2018

You're Invited to "Mood" at Assiniboia Gallery!


So excited for this!!!

We are about nine days away from my solo show! The opening reception is on Thursday, June 7th from 5-8 p.m. and I will be there! I would love it if you could come and help me celebrate both this new collection of work and this milestone in my art career!

Assiniboia Gallery is located at 2266 Smith Street in Regina (306-522-0997) and you can see the work available in this exhibition here with the exception of the 40x60 canvas that is still on my easel getting some finishing touches. This last image should be delivered and on the website by the weekend.

The painting pictured on the above invitation is called "Golden Tamarack on the Riffle" and it is 36x36. It is from the beautiful autumn day last year when I drove to the Waskesiu River from the yurt I was staying at near Emma Lake. Not only did I want to portray the golden colours of September in the forest, I really wanted to capture the effect of the calm water hitting the rocks further down the river.

Okay, circle the 7th on your calendar and we will see you there!

No comments: