Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Golden Tamarack On The Riffle

Golden Tamarack On The Riffle
36 x 36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2018
sold at Assiniboia Gallery

Last fall when I stayed at the yurt (Flora Bora Forest Lodging at Emma Lake), I drove to Waskesiu a couple of times and one of those times I decided to drive to the river. I am so glad I did because it was glorious! Not a breath of wind, autumn colours glowing behind the evergreens and, there on the small island of grass was the little tree I noticed in the summer. This time, however, it was clear that the little tree was not just any ol' tree - it was a Tamarack and it had on its suit of gold!

This is the painting that Jeremy and his team chose, from the three image options I sent, to use for the invitation to my solo show at Assiniboia Gallery!

No comments: