Thursday, May 17, 2018

Platinum and Blonde Reflection

Platinum and Blonde Reflection
10 x 10"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
sold at Assiniboia Gallery

For my show at Assiniboia Gallery there will be a lot of large work, but I am also doing a series of 10x10 panels because you know I love working small! The first group of images I submitted to them went live on their website yesterday and this painting already garnered some attention. 

I absolutely love it! This painting really makes me happy. I think it totally captures the mood of a rough and windy day on the lake. The sun is shining through the clouds, but you just know it isn't really warm, I mean - look at the colour of the water! Those steely greens and grays tell you to put a jacket on. Even the shimmer of the sunlight on the water is not very warm; cool shades of platinum and blonde!

This painting is a version of an 8x8 I painted for Darrell Bell Gallery last year called "Choppy Waters" which now resides in Lethbridge.

No comments: