Thursday, May 24, 2018

Flax Up Front

Flax Up Front
20 x 20"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
sold at Assiniboia Gallery


Canola + flax + dramatic sky = Saskatchewan!

I SO love this one! For my solo show "Mood" at Assiniboia Gallery in Regina, June 7-30.

In exactly two weeks I will be driving down to Regina for the opening reception of  "Mood"! I really am so terribly excited. I will be at the gallery from 5-8 p.m., so if you are in or near Regina I would love it if you would come to help me celebrate this big milestone in my career. A year ago I hadn't even met Jeremy or any of the amazing people at the gallery, and now look!

Well, actually that isn't quite true. Two years ago in September of 2016 I attended the first ever Art Now Saskatchewan Art Fair at Prairieland Park in Saskatoon. It was a wonderful exhibition of professional galleries (belonging to Sask Galleries) showcasing their artists in beautiful "booths". Of all of the booths, one gallery stood out to me, Assiniboia Gallery from Regina. They appeared so professional, yet accessible, they had a great range of artists and artwork and everything was framed! I remember very clearly chatting with the lovely woman who was working when I passed through- she was delightful and she had the cutest haircut! And now I know her! Jen is awesome and I am thrilled she represents my work alongside Jeremy (gallery owner) and Tammi (gallery manager).

Over the next two weeks a good portion of the twenty-four paintings I delivered will be framed by Moranda and Ben, so when I next see the paintings they will be all dressed up for the party! And I still have one more huge piece to deliver when it is done and dry, so I appreciate them accommodating its later arrival.

I would love it you would help me spread the word - I will have an invitation to share soon! Thank you!

No comments: