New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Alone With The Sky


Alone With The Sky
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011
sold   

After I settled in to my sweet little cabin at the Kenderdine Campus last week I enjoyed an Adirondack chair and some plein air painting down at the beach. Really I couldn't wait to get going, the sounds and smells of the outdoors were calling me and my brush! I had returned to the place where I could let my breath out, step away from it all and feel what it is like to just be me.

 in the distance you can see the chair 
where I sat to paint this sky
© Nicki Ault, 2011  

I watched the sky. I painted it. And I felt alone, but in a good way.

3 comments:

Barbara M. said...

Beautiful Nicki. I'm glad you enjoyed a peaceful art retreat.

The painting is fantastic.

XO Barbara

-Don said...

I cannot imagine painting from an adirondack chair, but you rocked it. I'm glad you had such a great time. I can only imagine how rejuvenating it was.

-Don

Nicki said...

Thank you Barbara... maybe someday you will join me there...?

XO Nicki



Don, it is more comfortable than you might imagine! Especially while working on a 6x6" board which I simply held in my hand with my palette on my lap. And, yes, definitely rejuvenating.

Nicki