Monday, July 25, 2011

I've Been Tagged

Well this is fun! My pal, talented artist Suzanne Berry, has tagged me! Let the games begin...

A blog called TripBase (a travel blog) began the "My 7 Links" project with the goal of uniting "bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again."


To participate I need to link to seven of my previous posts based on the following categories:

- Your most beautiful post
– Your most popular post
– Your most controversial post
– Your most helpful post
– A post whose success surprised you
– A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved
– The post that you are most proud of

Basically this is an opportunity to dig these posts out of the archives and allow them to be revisited. So here goes!


My most beautiful post....

 The North Side

Although this is the painting that went with the post, I chose it as the most beautiful not because of the painting but because of the words. It's about my mom. Please follow this link to read what I had to say. 


My most popular post...

You Can Go Back

I wasn't sure whether I should judge "popularity" based on comments or blogger stats, but this one got quite a few comments and is by far the most viewed post in my repertoire. It blows all the others out of the water! The post was called "A Full Day" and the above is the painting I posted with my story. Here is the link. And here is the link to the backstory of that link! (Feel free to have a chuckle at my expense!).


My most controversial post...

 Fire In The Belly

I'm not really about controversy on this blog and this post wasn't controversial in itself, but it raised a debate in my own mind that I shared in this post


My most helpful post...

30 Paintings in 30 Days Project
FFFH Art Show and Sale

I think this post on how to make a portable display wall could have been my most helpful.


The post whose success surprised me... 

 Waskesiu River

This was from the very early days of blogging and I was thrilled to get the support for this little painting (7 x 7") and the story, which you can see/read here.


The post that didn't get the attention it deserved...

Hmmm, how to choose? I have had a few posts that have only received attention from crickets! ;o)  I'm just going to go with an early post when I hadn't yet been discovered by any other bloggers and therefore didn't get much attention. This post explains my blog title "Nicki Ault: Me, Myself And Who Am I?" Here is the link


The post I am most proud of...

In My Aura

Hands down this is it. I am proud of the painting and that it was accepted to the International Women Celebrate! project. I am proud that it was posted on a U.K. website. I am proud that the experience stretched my skills, gave me more understanding of my family history, and pushed me to face some fears. I am proud of the amazing women and artists I collaborated with and met at the artist's weekend in Ayr, Ontario.


Thanks Suzanne, that was fun. A little trip down memory lane is good for the soul. I am going to tag:

Barbara Muir Paints

all images, © Nicki Ault

7 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Fun! I got your note this morning. I love your choices. Well thought out. Having seen "In My Aura" in person, I can say it is absolutely beautiful! "You can go back" is lively and full of sparkle - can clearly see why you picked it as most popular. Have a great day Nicki!

Kim Rempel said...

Nicki - I just read the post about your Mom. It makes me so happy to read words like that. And that is my Mom ; ) We're pretty blessed eh?

Nicki said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks. I loved all your picks as well. It was a fun exercise. And yes, we are blessed to have the moms we have.

Have a great day,
Nicki

suzanneberry said...

nicki this is a wonderful post!! i love that you linked each subsection to the actual post, great idea. and i just love the post about your mom and the painting is outstanding. "you can go back" is one of my very favorites. and "waskesiu river" is so incredible. it's going in my inspiration folder along with a few others...including "in my aura!" so glad you were into it, the insight and work are just amazing!

Nicki said...

Hi Suzanne, thanks for thinking of me for this project. It was fun! It took some time, but I enjoyed looking back through older posts. And I've enjoyed seeing what other bloggers chose for their 7 links.

Nicki

Jill and Haida said...

Hi Nicki:

It was certainly wonderful to have this work at AyrSpace.

Jill

Nicki said...

Hi Jill,

I am so happy for the experience of the International Women Celebrate! project. Thank you again!

Nicki