New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

All I Ever Want

All I Ever Want
30 x 40"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2011  

sold

I love doing these paintings; my "abstract reflections". I think I am finished- I went to the studio yesterday afternoon and put on a few finishing strokes and I now am loving it. All I ever want is to make a painting that you can get lost in; one that you can look at for ages and never feel tired. As I was deciding if this painting was finished I kept finding areas that I loved, that are almost abstract paintings in their own right. I realized that if I kept painting I might lose them, so I put the brush down. I hope you enjoy looking at it and over the next couple of days I will post details of my favorite areas.

A quick announcement... My painting "Ripple Effect" (a smaller, different take on "All I Ever Want") has been juried into an upcoming show at AyrSpace in Ontario!

5 comments:

Harry Kent said...

This is a real stunner, Nicki. I'm blown away. And no wonder Ripple Effect was chosen! Congratulations.

Nicki said...

Thank you so much, Harry!

N.

SKIZO said...

Excellent

Nicki said...

I appreciate that Skizo!

Mikko Tyllinen said...

Absolutely fantastic colors! Very beautiful painting!