Monday, June 20, 2011

Details

 


© Nicki Ault, 2011 

As promised, fun little details of my most recent painting "All I Ever Want".

I mentioned that the title comes from my desire to make art that will be enjoyed indefinitely and that if purchased, the owner will never become tired of viewing the work. It's all I ever want. Through the sessions of painting this piece I listened to an old CD and found myself replaying one song in particular. This song also influenced the title as well as the energy of this painting. Here is a link to listen to it and see the video (which I had never seen before) on YouTube...

"All I Want" by The Lightening Seeds

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Janie B said...

My favorite colors all rolled into one. Just gorgeous. I'd never tire of looking at these.

Nicki said...

Thank you Janie! You are sweet. I hope you are well and thanks for commenting.

Nicki

suzanneberry said...

beautiful painting and post. i love the sentiment!

Nicki said...

Thanks Suzanne. I haven't spent much time at my favorite blogs lately... I've quickly swung by yours just to see what you are up to, but haven't stopped to comment. I'll try to get there later today... I did love the pug painting and also your self-portrait challenge- although I still don't know what you look like- very tricky of you!

Nicki

-Don said...

What a scintillating display of tasty treats! The final work is gorgeous and these details make me want to see it in person even more.

I am SO behind on my blogging, but I did at least breeze through everything before landing here to comment. Congrats on your acceptance into the upcoming exhibition.

-Don

Nicki said...

Thanks Don... your description makes me think of your recent masks... all candy-named and delicious in their colours! I'm really happy with this painting- it is so energetic in person. And it has more impact at full scale.

I, too, am very behind in my blogging. I've been swinging by all my favorites, but just not always taking the time to comment. So much is going on these days... good thing I make lists or I would be in trouble!

Nicki

Judy Adamson said...

I enjoyed your nice bit of Britpop along with your wonderful images!

Nicki said...

Hi Judy,

It's good music, right? My sister introduced me to it ages ago... I also really like their song "Pure".

Nicki