Monday, June 6, 2011

Elements

Elements
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011  
sold

As I painted this I was thinking how the silvery blue Wolf Willow reminded me of a wave passing a burning bush. Upon completion I looked at it the trees on the horizon and felt they could almost be read as distant mountains and then of course the sky represents air.  "Elements" seeme like the perfect title.

Lots happening this week... not sure if there are enough hours in the day! I will try to paint and post something, but it might be a bit quiet around here.

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this! Nicki, my brother says
that June should be declared a national holiday. I laughed at that but know what he means. It is the perfect weather, rain or shine.

Super painting. I somehow think you will paint even on a busy week.

XOBarbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

Yes, I agree with your brother. I always forget how busy the end of the school year is. Lots going on for sure... but I saw your comment earlier today and you are right, I will find time to paint and I will feel better after I do.

Nicki XO

suzanneberry said...

lovely painting, perfect name!

Nicki said...

Thank you Suzanne! Titles can be so hard. I like it when one develops as you work on the painting.

Nicki