July and August 2017: A small selection of my work, courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus) throughout the summer months.

November 10, 2016:
I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!


Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery in Saskatoon. For a limited time several of my large oil paintings are also available at
their new street front gallery on 21st Street (formally Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery).

Ongoing: a selection of my larger work is available at The Black Spruce Gallery at Northside on Highway 2 just before the turn to Christopher Lake.

Monday, June 16, 2014

A Painting in the School Archives

Cool Blue Sky
7 x 7"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2008

A neat thing happened recently which has resulted in another first for me. A couple of months ago my sister, a teacher, wondered if I had any art supplies to donate to a basket that her school was making for a fundraiser. I did and I also decided to donate this little framed painting, "Cool Blue Sky". I sketched it on the beach at the Emma Lake Kenderdine Campus. Anyway, as it turns out a couple of parents from the school my kids attend ended up bidding and winning this basket at the fundraiser! What are the odds? And then they made a really wonderful gesture which was to give the painting to our school library archives! So now this little painting will be part of the history of our school and my kids and I will be recognized in a little write-up included with the painting!