Friday, June 6, 2014

Canoeing In La Ronge

Canoeing In La Ronge
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2014
available exclusively at Lifestyles Bell Gallery
sold

The rocky landscape we saw on the canoe trip last summer had me at hello! I loved it! It was unlike anything I have experienced before. How wonderful to find a new place to treasure in a province I already love so much. It is quite something that plants, trees and mosses can somehow find a way to exist on such a harsh terrain. Thankfully my canoe buddy, Erica, wanted to soak it in as much as I did, so we did a lot of starting and stopping as we took our photos.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

Your work is spectacular. I was at the AGO yesterday with Marcia and when we went in the Tom Thomson room I said, this is the Nicki Ault room.

Seriously.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Ooooh, the AGO. I am jealous! You are so sweet to say that and you know it is my favorite room when I visit that gallery. So happy that you got to go with Marcia.

Hugs,
Nicki