Friday, February 22, 2019

Into The Amber Light

Into The Amber Light
10 x 10"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2019
sold at Assiniboia Gallery

Let's get down to the business of a new painting!

I took many resource photos from the stages of the sun's descent this particular summer evening several years ago and it has kept me going ever since. I continue to be drawn to it, trying something new each time. Even though it's obviously a sunset, I am really excited about some of the more abstract areas:




These areas give me food for thought as I prepare to attend a workshop next weekend on abstracting the landscape with artist and instructor, Susan Woolgar.

This painting and others will be delivered next week to the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina for the feature they are doing on me in March. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

How incredibly gorgeous Nicki,

I love this and the discussion. My resource photos lure me back over
and over to the awesome views I've seen. Troubled as it is, what
a beautiful world!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

The crazy said...

Hi, Craig Erickson,could I check out your studio,than th