Thursday, April 7, 2016

Throwback Thursday

Good Morning Meewasin
18 x 24"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

I painted "Good Morning Meewasin" almost exactly four years ago. It was a scene I had always wanted to try and now I have painted the subject several times over. Saskatoon has the most beautiful trails and parks along the riverbank, the Meewasin Valley, and in the fall the colours are spectacular.

This painting went into a show I did that spring with my Dad; my paintings were mostly tree related and my Dad, a wood worker, featured his beautiful wooden bowls and wooden accessories. We called the show "Family Tree". It was hands down the best art show experience I have had to date. The memories we made are precious and I am so happy to have helped my Dad cross something off his bucket list. Here are a few pictures from the event:



I am being flooded with memories as I write this post. Happy Throwback Thursday! 

"Good Morning Meewasin" resides in a beautiful home in Calgary...


No comments: