Saturday, April 23, 2016

Morning Paddle, Sulphide Lake

Morning Paddle, Sulphide Lake
24 x 48"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2016
sold

My most recent effort in a new size- the largest of several paintings I have done from the last morning of the canoe trip I took in the summer of 2013. I loved working on this 24x48 inch canvas. It was somewhat intimidating being so very rectangular and all (I love working on squares), but once I began to lay things out it started to get fun.

I love playing with reflections and water. Hopefully that is obvious. The goal for the forest was to use colour to express life next to neutrals which express death where the trees have been ravaged by the elements. And so it is in the forest: a constant, beautiful, dependable cycle of life, death and rebirth.

No comments: