Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Snow At McPhee

Snow At McPhee
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2016

I took a day trip on Sunday. I had to drive to Prince Albert anyway to pick up the paintings from the Mann Art Gallery, so I decided to take a bit more time and go all the way to Waskesiu. It was an inspiring drive. The landscape started out with very bright, almost golden light, and the fields were wet and soggy. The further north I drove, the more gray and dull it got. Instead of puddles and water there was ice and snow. Eventually, by the time I arrived in Waskesiu, it was snowing. I spent some time going to my favourite spots and taking pictures, but I didn't stop long enough to paint. It was inspiring to see my happy places in a different season. It has given me food for thought.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this to the max. You are such a powerhouse of energy
Nicki. You inspire me constantly.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara (Move over Tom Thompson!)

Nicki said...

Oh, thank you so much Barbara! I truly appreciate your supportive words.

XOXO Nicki