Thursday, February 25, 2016

Throwback Thursday

Sunset Outside The Grey Owl Howl
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

This painting was among the first I ever delivered to Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery. It has been a good run and I am forever grateful for the experience.

From this little painting I received a commission to do a much larger version for above the fireplace of a fellow Waskesiu Lake lover. She immediately took to the subject as she had taken her children to the family dance, The Grey Owl Howl, in summer's past. She knew this view and she had seen the sunset shine through the trees in this way before. We settled on a size and then I got down to the challenge of working on a big canvas. And a challenge it was! Happily, when I finally delivered the piece, she was thrilled and even shed a tear. Her painting is below...

Sunlight Through The Pines
36 x 40"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold

No comments: