Thursday, February 11, 2016

Throwback Thursday

All I Ever Want
40 x 30"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2011
sold

Because I am painting larger pieces for the show at the Faculty Club (May-August) I will not be able to complete them as easily as I can small work. This means that having new paintings to show you may happen less frequently, but never-the-less I want to stay in touch. The remedy just may be tapping into the throwback Thursday idea. Over the next couple of months I will look in my archives and find older work to show you on Thursdays- it will be fun for me to reminisce and hopefully you will enjoy the stroll down memory lane with me.

Like this painting for example. I painted this during a time when I was captivated by the water striders dancing and skittling across Spruce River causing mesmerizing swirls and ripples on surface of the water. I painted a series of, what I called, abstract reflections. This was one of the paintings that came about at the time. I am trying to remember the reason I called it "All I Ever Want" and I think it was because while I was painting I was listening to a CD by The Lightning Seeds and I kept replaying the song called "All I Want". (click the link - it is a good song). I vividly remember selling it at the open studio that year. The most unassuming, petite older lady waited patiently for me to finish another conversation and then walked up and said she would like to make a purchase. What a thrill that she chose this painting. To this day I wish I saw the room where it ended up.

Here is a link to my original post on this painting.

No comments: