Friday, January 1, 2016

Winter Sunrise

Winter Sunrise
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2015
available exclusively at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery
sold 

HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!

It's a new year! What will it bring? What will happen? What will you do? What will I do? Canvases are waiting and I am excited to see what marks are made, not just by me, but by many of you who bravely follow your creative urges and allow us to see your thoughts, moods, ideas, and emotions in a visual way. Thank you for joining me on my journey and thank you to those who let me join theirs. I am not a huge partaker in New Year's festivities, but as the calendar turns I always feel like a new slate is presented and anything can happen. The year is right there in front of us. What will take place? Some of it will be really good, and- truth be told- some might be very bad.

What I know right now is that where my art is concerned I have a few desires and plans. I hope to continue the great relationship I have with Darrell Bell and his Lifestyles store. Yesterday I delivered seven new paintings to restock after a busy holiday season. I have booked a big show at the Faculty Club on campus at the University of Saskatchewan: approximately sixteen large works for four months in 2016. I will enter work in the Mann Art Gallery Winter Festival again and I will show with my colleagues at the studio when we have events in our "home" on 20th Street. A couple of other opportunities are knocking... we will see if they pan out.

Please do stop by occasionally, or even regularly, and see what is happening!

2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Happy New Year my friend and the very best to you! Congratulations and continued success with your amazing work!

Thank you so much for your kind wishes! I appreciate them so much!

Barbara Muir said...

Happy New Year Nicki! Congratulations on all of your success.

Here's to another wonderful year in art!

XOXOXOXOXO (Beautiful painting!) Barbara