Sunday, January 24, 2016

Work In Progress

photo © Nicki Ault, 2016

This here is the start of something - the first painting of 2016! It has come a long way since this photo. It has become a moody, broody thing. It is almost done so there will be a reveal photo soon.

In the meantime, the first painting of 2016 has sold! The new owners actually chose it in December, but wanted it framed so the transaction wasn't complete until yesterday. It looked fabulous dressed in its exhibition frame- I wish I took a picture of it before it left the studio. I kind of felt a bit melancholy when it left because it was a painting I loved from my trip to Georgian Bay in 2013 and once I saw it with the frame, it sealed my love for it. But alas, I had promised it to a lovely couple so it was too late to claim it for myself. Luckily I know it will be displayed in a caring, art-loving home. Good-bye "Georgian On My Mind"... 

Georgian On My Mind, Georgian Bay
36 x 36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2014
sold

No comments: