Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The Blue Hour, Waskesiu

The Blue Hour, Waskesiu
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold exclusively at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery

Hello! I have missed you! I have missed this blog! I have missed connecting via art!

The turn of the new year took me and my family to Mexico and a lovely family vacation. As a result I have been off the grid and only infrequently checking emails and doing a quick Facebook scroll. I actually prepared six blog drafts before leaving for the holiday, but once in Mexico all was in Spanish so when I tried to log into my account to make a post I did not understand the lengthy security checks Blogger was performing. As a result I had to completely allow myself to let go and take a step back from my art and online self. It was a blessing in disguise because I return utterly excited to start anew and tackle that big white 48x30 inch canvas on my easel at the studio. I am ready!

The above painting is one of the last I did in December and was delivered to Lifestyles just before I left on holiday. I will show you the other five in the coming days and then it will be on to whatever I produce in  the coming year. I hope you will stay tuned to find out.

Here, from my travels, is a relaxing scene of the blue hour in a different part of the world...

 photo © Nicki Ault, 2016



2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

I love this painting and the title that describes exactly the
point in the coming evening, when the night starts and it is always an awesome colour of blue on a beautiful day.

So gorgeous!

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Yes, the blue hour late afternoon, early evening, so lovely in the lake setting... with a hint of the warm setting sun.

Hugs to you,
Nicki