Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Summer's Evening Glow

Summer's Evening Glow
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015

Well, the trend of small paintings continues for awhile. I am getting ready for the Solar Gardens show which is coming up faster than I like on September 19 & 20. I have been painting these little ones, as you know, but I have also been selling them. Trust me- I am NOT complaining! I will take that "problem" any day of the week. Thank you so much to those of you who have found a painting (or paintings) you want to live with. I will keep painting them as long as you keep liking them.

I just made a quick overnight trip to the lake to do some closing up chores. My whole family had intended to go for the long weekend, but last week my oldest son was injured at football practice. The poor guy is laid up for awhile and can't make a long trip, so I went by myself. I am a glass-is-half-full kind of gal, so I decided that since I would be on my own I would make a painting trip out of it, too. Last evening I hunkered down in the cabin and got in serious painting mode. Above is the first painting I pulled off. Inspired by one of the many glorious Saskatchewan sunsets this summer.

my make-shift painting set-up in the cabin

Behind the scene I am also working on a commission which is, in fact, larger than a 6x6 so please stay tuned for that. Much more to come in the following days.

No comments: