Thursday, September 17, 2015

Misty At Point View

Misty At Point View
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/nicki-ault/misty-at-point-view/413168 
sold

Point View (Waskesiu) is one of my favorite places to have a wiener roast and skip rocks with my kids. I have also sat on the rocky shore and painted on a stormy day... and I stop there every time I go out on a photo shoot for my art. This particular day was just a couple of weeks ago when I went up to the lake to help close the cabin. It was raining, but softly, like mist rather than full-on rain drops. The effect was so peaceful. As the points of land went back in space they slowly disappeared into the haze. Quite a lovely sensory experience with the feel of the mist against my face, the sound of the water gently lapping at the shore and the sight of the gradation of grays.

No comments: