Monday, September 28, 2015

End of Day, Main Beach, Waskesiu


End of Day, Main Beach, Waskesiu
20 x 20"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2015
(commission)
sold

Early this summer I had a lovely email from a fellow Waskesiu enthusiast asking if I would consider creating a painting to represent the feel of the national park at sunset and including Spruce, light, and the lake. Although it seemed right up my alley, commissions are tricky because you never know what the client might be imagining in their head. Never-the-less I agreed to give it a try. Lucky for me he happens to watch my Facebook page and I was able to get an idea of what he preferred based on his "likes" of the 6x6" paintings I posted this summer. That might have been a little cheaty of me, but it really helped me focus on an idea. Actually it helped me focus on two! There was another image that I thought could be the one for him, so I painted it too! I was happy to give him a choice and the above painting is the one he will be giving a home.

I have to say he was a delight to work with and he was totally understanding of my crazy life (two injured kids and a father who broke his hip- all in one month- I am glad September is over) and how it dictated the time I could spend at the studio to get his painting done. If all commissions went like this I would be thrilled to do more.

No comments: